Monday, January 17, 2011

2011- Excuses and Goals

Sunday I finally got outside and was able to enjoy the snow.  Last week it dumped about 6 inches of snow and all week the conditions have been perfect for cross-country skiing.  All week I kept telling myself I would break out the skis but I couldn't find the motivation to get off the couch.  I kept telling myself it was too cold, or the skis didn't work properly the last time I used them and I didn't want to mess with them this year, etc. (the skis I use are hand-me-downs that have been of legal drinking age almost as long as me). 

Despite all my BS excuses, I finally decided to give it a whirl and went cross-country skiing with Conrad (the wonder dog) for about an hour or so.  I had a great ski.  Here's a picture of Turkey Creek I took while skiing.



After about an hour, I started getting tired and Conrad starting getting ice between his paws, so it was time to call it a day.  I wish I had gone earlier in the week because the snow was already too melted to be worth a crap.  Hopefully it will snow again this year.  All this got me thinking about excuses.

Basically, I realized I had been a complete turd all week.  Every single time I go riding, skiing, etc. I'm always glad I got out, even in the most nasty, crappy, and miserable conditions.  (see gravel grinder post).  I know this, but even still, I fall victim to laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment