Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tour of KC- Day 2

Tour of KC day 2/3 was held at the Kansas City Police Academy.  Although Steve Guttenberg failed to make an appearance, it was nonetheless a chance to bring out the big guns--"Tackleberry-style:"




The course was pretty fun.  It had lots of sweeping, fast turns on a closed driver training course.  I felt great the entire race and never really felt stressed.  I was in one short break away that only stayed away for about a lap and I still didn't feel like I got into the red zone.  Unfortunately, a lot of other people were feeling good as well and the last lap was a struggle to get into the right position.  I was about 5 or 6 wheels too far back and didn't get a chance to contest for the win.  Instead, I sprinted past four or five people and ended 7th.  After Friday's disastrous last lap and feeling pretty cooked from Friday's heat, I was pretty happy with my finish.  Guttenberg would be proud...





No comments:

Post a Comment