Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cross Out Cancer- Late report

In the words of a wise man, "Sometimes you eat the bar; sometimes the bar eats you."  This race falls into the former category.  Pretty much everything went my way.   Although I had a few minor mess-ups, none of them slowed me down too much.   Luckily I was able to get my first win of 2011.

After a few laps it became a battle between me and one other rider--we had gapped the rest of the field by a pretty good margin.  After putting in several digs, I could see that I wasn't going to open up a gap on the rider in second.  Instead, I let him come through on an open section and just followed him for the final 3-4 laps of the race.  


Throughout the entire race I bunny hopped a set of small barriers.  The other guy always ran them and was about 2-3 seconds slower.  I decided to jump him right before the barriers in the final lap.  After attacking him in the section leading into the barriers, I had a big enough gap to cruise across the line uncontested for the win.  Hard race--but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment